Physiotherapy for Cerebral Palsy Noida and Nearby Area
Cerebral palsy is medical condition which is caused by abnormal development of brain. Cerebral palsy is a group of disorders which affects body movements, muscle tone and posture.
Symptoms may show during infancy or preschool peroid. Symptoms may include loose or tight muscle, difficulty in speech, crawling, Sitting up and walking.
Types of cerebral palsy
Types of CP depending on which part of brain is damage. There are five types of CP are:
- Spastic CP- we found 80% of this type of CP. It causes stiff muscle which affects the movement of the full body or half side of the body.
- Dyskinesia- involuntry movements are seen in the body and movements can be rapid and jerky.
- Ataxia- ataxic CP Causes poor coordination and balance. Tremors can be also seen in this type of CP. It also affects fine movements.
- Hypotonic CP- It is characterized by low muscle tone.
- Mixed CP- In mixed CP child shows symptoms more then one or two types of CP depends on damage to the brain.
Cerebral palsy caused by injury to the brain before,during or after childbirth.
- Brain Infections- such as meningitis or encephalitis.
- Jaundice- very high level of bilirubin cam damage to brain that leads to CP.
- Lack of oxygen during or after delivery- If brain cells did not get enough oxygen for longer peroid of time that could be permanant damage to the brain.
- Any accident or abuse during preganancy.
- Gene Mutation.
- Low weight birth- less then 2500 gm body weight of new born can have greater chance of develop CP.
- Premature delivery:- less then 37 of weeks pregnancy
- Maternal health condition
- Exposure to toxic materials
- Multiple births:- twins or triplets can lead high risk of CP.
Physiotherapy treatment for Cerebral PalsyPhysical therapy is primary intervention to treat the all types of cerebral palsy. Physical therapy can improve child's motor function, cognetive functions and prevent secondary complications like contracture, deformity and other health related problems.
Physical therapy is most important and helpful to treat CP that is also depends on severity of condition. Physical therapy will help with various aspect of activity like crawling, sitting, standing and walking.
Physical can help with
- Increase range of motion
- Improve coordination and balance
- Improve and develop cognitive function
- Joint integrity
Physical therapist can also advice for advice adaptive device to promote movement and make child independent. Our physiotherapist will help your child with CP. They have great knowledge about cerebral palsy.